Food Photography and Styling 7 Tips for Each
Food Photography Tips
- What's the mood you want? Moody?😒 Happy?😃 Quiet?😶
- Give it some space as in leave Negative Space
- Move around and wear grey. That bright Orange Cashmere Sweater you love is meant for a Crisp Fall🍂 day but may show up in your pictures as casting the color you didn't want.
- Use Backlighting to allow the subject to not Fall flat. Aka: bounce/white board/reflector
- Not an expert read books 📖 📚 by someone who is and find photos you love and meditate on what you love about them.
- Small Food 🍔 Photographs Better
- Practice, Practice, Practice...10,000 hours or 10,000 Photos
Food Styling Tips
- Have your tools ready: q-tips, toothpicks, foil, tweezers, brush for oil, funnels etc.
- Avoid smiley😊 faces in food
- Put a little Salt in Beer, stir and watch it foam.🍻
- Use a funnel for things like smoothies to keep the glass clean.
- Learn the color wheel and go treasure hunting at goodwills.
- Think in layers. Need texture try parchment paper. Don't throw away that old baking sheet full of black scars.
- Bring food closer to the rim of a plate or bowl unlike plating for dinner guests.
That's all I got for now but maybe just maybe these tips will get the juices flowing and the camera snapping. Happy 10,000 photos!📷
Have you got some tips to share? Please do in the comments below!